The number one priority at Exotic Animal Veterinary Center is to protect the health of our clients and team while still offering the same high-quality medicine and compassionate care we are known for.
EAVC is still open and operating under the COVID-19 safety measures that have been previously instituted by the County. In order to minimize contact we are asking clients to do the following:
* Call and let us know when you arrive.
* Drop your pet off in its carrier inside the double glass doors. Please make sure your carrier is labeled with your name, your pet’s name, and the best contact phone number. Please return to your car to wait.
* One of our team members will bring your pet into our hospital and then call you for a history and any other needed information. Your pet will be assessed immediately to make sure it is stable, and then it will be placed in an incubator (birds and reptiles) or comfortable cage with food, water, and a litter box/hidey house or perch as needed.
* Once the doctor completes your pet's exam he/she will call you with the exam findings and will discuss the recommended Treatment Plan.
* A Treatment Plan (estimate) will be emailed to you and either the doctor or one of our technicians will call you to discuss the treatment plan.
* Our Customer Service Representatives will call you when your pet is ready to go home. Since all payments are being handled over the phone, our CSRs will also give you the total cost for your visit and payment will be handled at that time as well. We can accept all major credit cards, Apple and Google Pay, Care Credit, and Scratch Pay.
* When you are ready to pick up your pet, we place them in their carrier and place them back in our foyer. Any meds or supplies that are going home with your pet will be placed in a labeled bag and left with your pet.
*If you need a Demonstration on how to administer medication or perform syringe feeding we will bring you into an exam room to go over this information. We ask that you let us know if you are experiencing signs of illness and require that you wear a mask when inside the hospital.
* Discharge notes will either be emailed or sent home with your pet.
* End-of-life appointments are being performed inside the exam rooms, and you can be present with your pet when we say goodbye. Please wear masks during these visits as well.
*Wait times have been longer than they normally are. We appreciate your patience.